HR timers

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:46:18 CDT 2007

Andy Ngo wrote:
> I'm trying to enable high resolution timers support in the kernel
> (2.6.20 GIT tree) but I don't see the option via the kernel
> configuration.  I went through all the categories without any luck.  Do
> I need a special patch or something like that to enable HR timers?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think HR timers are part of -rt
patch set:

http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/High_resolution_timers

I currently plan to port recent -rt patch to DaVinci (as done already
several times for OMAP) as soon as DaVinci Linux git is up to
date.Hopefully, as Tony updated OMAP tree already, DaVinci tree will
be updated soon as well.

Cheers

Dirk

Btw.: Anybody played already with -rt on DaVinci?