DM6446 EVM - NOR Flash problem

Nitin Joshi Nitin_Joshi at mindtree.com
Mon Sep 15 00:47:25 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I am using DV EVM (DM6446) from spectrum digital.
I have a problem.

1) I am trying to flash u-boot into NOR using CCS3.3 and emulator (Blackhawk XDS560) on DVEVM
    But I am getting this following error.

CCS SNAPSHOT:
-------------------------
> Enter the File Name
> C:\ u-boot-594-nor.bin
> Burn Offset
> 0
> Do a global Erase
> FlashWriter Version 1.9
> Starting Download to NOR Flash
> Image is 131072 bytes long
> Reading Image from: 81000000
> Writing Image to:  02000000
> No Flash devices have been found
> NOR Flash Verify Failed @ 0x0

   I followed the steps(settings of J4 and SW3) given in "How to Flash U-Boot on DAVINCI EVM"
   from DaVinci Ease of Use Series.
   I downloaded the NOR and NAND packages from Spectrum digital website.

   But I am able to flash both ubl_nand and u-boot_nand into the NAND flash successfully

   Is it that the NOR is protected and not able to erase/program on EVM?
   Or am I doing something wrong?

Could you please suggest me how to proceed now?

Thanks and Regards,
Nitin Joshi

This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.

Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.

MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.