Kernel update through serial port.

Deepak Shankar-TLS,Chennai. deepaks at hcl.in
Tue Sep 16 03:57:05 CDT 2008

Phil,

Thanks a lot for  this pointer.

Cheers,
Deepak

________________________________

From: Phil Quiney [mailto:PQuiney at trinityconvergence.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:15 PM
To: Joshua Hintze; Deepak Shankar-TLS,Chennai.;
davinci-linux-open-source at linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: RE: Kernel update through serial port.

Hi,

If you want to use kerrmit from Linux then I recommend you install the
'ckermit' package. (I wasted a lot of time trying to get kermit to work
in minicom, nothing I tried worked. 'kermit' was faultless)

Anyway, not only is the kermit client robust but the terminal emulation
is better than minicom.

You just need a .kermrc in your HOME directory - something like...

set line /dev/ttyS0
set speed 115200
set carrier-watch off
set handshake none