about LCD?

Jaswinder Singh jaswinderdavinci at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 06:52:44 CDT 2008

Hello Caglar,

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 14:38 +0300, Caglar Akyuz wrote:

> > Have you added support for 800x480 prgb on decode, encode and encodedecode demos ?
> >

> I've been playing with them for a couple of days. In fact only change needed is in
> WaitForVsync function since LCD is updated almost at double rate compared to NTSC/PAL.
> You should wait two syncs instead of one. I learned this nice trick from a post in
> the list. Key point to success is to adjust video framebuffers for 800x576 so that demo
> ioctls won't complain. I disabled OSD ioctls in the demos so that I can adjust my OSD frame
> buffers for my native resolution.(800x480)

Are you using DVSDK_1_30_00_40 or higher ?

In DVSDK_1_30_00_40, dvevm demos do not start if resolution is not NTSC
or PAL, Have you added support for 800x480 prgb ?

dvsdk_1_30_00_40/demos/dm6446/decode/decode.h :
/* Scaling factors for the video standards */
#define NOSTD               0
#define PALSTD              12
#define NTSCSTD             10

Thank you for help,