No activity on LCD syncr outputs

Gabriele Filosofi GabrieleF at cosmed.it
Fri Sep 19 05:19:19 CDT 2008

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a custom dm644x-based board running 2.6.25 git kernel.

In arch/arm/mach-davinci/psc.c
I have

void __init davinci_psc_init(void)
{
        davinci_psc_config(DAVINCI_GPSC_ARMDOMAIN, DAVINCI_LPSC_VPSSMSTR, 1);
        davinci_psc_config(DAVINCI_GPSC_ARMDOMAIN, DAVINCI_LPSC_VPSSSLV, 1);

So the VPBE subsystem should be powered on.
Besides, In arch/arm/mach-davinci/clock.c
I have

static struct clk davinci_clks[] = {
        {
                .name = "VPSSMSTR",
                .rate = &sysclk3,                       /* sysclk3 = ((pll_mult + 1) x 27000000) / 3 */
                .lpsc = DAVINCI_LPSC_VPSSMSTR,
        },
        {
                .name = "VPSSSLV",
                .rate = &sysclk3,
                .lpsc = DAVINCI_LPSC_VPSSSLV,
        }
};

So, I would expect at least to see some kind of clocking waveform on pins VCLK, VSYNC, HSYNC.
However, these pins are completely quiet. The LCD controller of the VENC it seems turned off.
I'm missing something or there are good reasons?

Thanks.

Gabriele