L138/DA850 USB support in mainline?

Brian Niebuhr BNiebuhr at efjohnson.com
Fri Sep 9 13:53:09 CDT 2011

What is the current level of support for USB on L138/DA850 in the
mainline kernel?  A similar question was asked here:

http://linux.davincidsp.com/pipermail/davinci-linux-open-source/2011-Jul
y/023201.html

but not really answered.  I'm curious because TI's site at:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/DaVinci_GIT_Linux_Kernel

seems to suggest that USB is still not there, but from reading forum
posts it seems as if people are using USB on L138/DA850 with mainline
kernels.

We are currently using a TI release, but I would like to migrate to a
mainline version.  USB appears to be the only questionable feature at
this point.  Can anyone clarify what support might be missing before I
take the time to make the jump, only to find out that it's not going to
work anyway?  I don't mind doing some work to glue pieces together, but
if major functionality is missing, it would be nice to know beforehand.

Thanks for the help!

Brian

Brian Niebuhr
Principal Design Engineer