hardware setup for dm355 and IP addresses

Samarth samarth_i at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 23:40:17 CDT 2011

I am new to TI EVMs. I was trying to run a simple piece of code on the EVM but I
couldn't boot the board.

here's the error I get in U-boot -

Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 127.0.0.1
RPC: sendmsg returned error 22
portmap: RPC call returned error 22
Root-NFS: Unable to get nfsd port number from server, using default
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 127.0.0.1
RPC: sendmsg returned error 22
portmap: RPC call returned error 22
Root-NFS: Unable to get mountd port number from server, using default
RPC: sendmsg returned error 22
mount: RPC call returned error 22
Root-NFS: Server returned error -22 while mounting /home/samarth/workdir/filesys
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Cannot open root device "nfs" or unknown-block(2,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)
 <7>eth0: no IPv6 routers present

I suspect I bungled up in the hardware setup and setting the bard and host IP
address variables.

Should I connect both my computer and the board to ethernet via separate cables
or just interconnect them?

How can I know the IP address of the EVM board?

These are probably naive questions but any help would be greatly appreciated.