Flash Recovery Utilityfor OSK

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 3 18:16:35 CDT 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 9:02 am, Philip Balister wrote:
> I'm trying to use the USB Flash recovery utility for the OSK from
> http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/OSK to re-flash u-boot into my
> OSK. I've moved the JP3 to the setting closest to the JTAG  connector,
> and Windows asks me to load the driver for the unknown USB device when I
> reset the OSK. But when I tell windows where to look for the driver, it
> claims it con't find a suitable driver.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work?

I just used this FRU to load U-Boot 1.1.3, and the essential
undocumented trick seems to be disconnecting the serial line.

With a serial line connected, nothing works.  Contrary to
the documentation, you _must_ do more than change JP3.

If it's disconnected, the USB enumeration behaves (on either
Windows or Linux) and Windows will see the IDs listed in that
INF file.  Then the driver install can work.  (Needs some
hand-holding to find the driver file in same directory as
that INF file, but it can work.)  And then you can follow
the other instructions.

- Dave